5 Food Hygiene Rules for Food Operators
1. Conduct daily checks on employees to ensure that they are in good health. Employees that are sick should not be allowed to prepare and/or handle food. Employees should go to the doctor and rest until cleared of all symptoms.
2. Non-food Handlers are not allowed in the food preparation area.
3. Provide customers with serving spoon for sharing food along with napkins and/or disposable paper serviettes.
4. Clean the premises meticulously at the end of the day and dispose of all waste/scrap food to keep the premise free from pests.
5. Use covered refuse bins lined with plastic bags. When disposing of refuse, tie the plastic bags securely and dispose of them in designated areas.
Want to know more?
Join other aspiring entrepreneurs and cooking enthusiasts to learn more about basic food hygiene.
Click here to register for WSQ - Follow Food &Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures.
Click here for upcoming scheduled classes.