12 Food Hygiene Rules for Food Handlers
1. Don’t work if you are feeling unwell. Seek medical attention immediately.
2. Wash hands with soap
- Before you handle the food
- After using the toilet
- Even after you cough or sneeze
- Make a good lather when using soap and rub fingers, nails, back of hands and wrist.
3. Dry hands either using paper towels or hand dryers.
4. Avoid sneezing and coughing around the food displayed.
5. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and hairs while handling the food.
6. Avoid long nails and avoid wearing rings or other accessories which may trap dirt.
7. Cover wounds or cuts on your hands with waterproof bright colored plasters.
8. Always wear clean clothes.
9. Never handle food with bare hands. Use gloves or utensils.
10. Cooked food should be stored above raw food.
11. Display cooked food within showcases with a sneeze guard.
12. Keep your food handling premises clean to keep out flies, cockroaches, and rodents.
Want to know more?
Join other aspiring entrepreneurs and cooking enthusiasts to learn more about basic food hygiene.
Click here to register for WSQ - Follow Food &Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures.
Click here for our upcoming scheduled classes.